Cast iron cookware is one of the oldest and most popular kitchen tools. It is perfect for a variety of dishes, including stir-fry, braised meats, and fish dishes. However, cleaning it can be a challenge. That’s why we’ve put together this easy guide to show you how to clean cast iron cookware quickly and easily.
What is Cast Iron?
Cast iron cookware is made of heavy, durable iron. It’s perfect for a variety of dishes, including stir-fry, braised meats, and fish dishes. Cast iron cookware is also one of the oldest and most popular kitchen tools.
How to Clean Cast Iron Cookware
1. Fill a pot with water and heat it up to medium-high heat.
2. Place the cookware in the pot and pour the water over it.
3. placed a cloth or a dishcloth over the top of the cookware and turn it up to high-heat.
4. Keep the heat on high and wait until the water begins to boil.
5. When the water boils, reduce the heat to low and add a bowl of soap solution.
6. Pour the soap solution over the top of the cookware and turn it off.
7. Remove the cloth or dishcloth from the oven and place it on top of your cast iron cookware.
8. Let everything cool for a few minutes before using it to clean your cast iron cookware.
The Benefits of Cleaning Cast Iron Cookware
Cast iron cookware is popular because of the many uses it can be put to. It’s perfect for a variety of dishes, and it can be cleaned easily. Cleaning it can be a challenge, but this guide will show you how to do it quickly and easily.
How to Store Cast Iron Cookware
Cast iron cookware should be stored in a cool, dry place. You can store it on a windowsill or in a cabinet. Make sure to clean the cast iron every time you use it, and don’t forget to dry it off after each use.
How to Use Cast Iron Cookware.
Cast iron cookware can be used in a variety of ways. You can use it in the oven, on the stovetop, or even in the microwave. The following steps will show you how to clean cast iron cookware using the most common methods.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread a single layer of oil or cooking spray over the bottom of an oven-safe dish.
3. Place the cast iron dish in the oven and bake it for about 10 minutes, or until it is black and bubbly.
4. Remove from the oven and set aside for later use.
5. Pour a pot of water onto the stove and bring it to a boil.
6. Add salt to taste and pour into the pan where the cast iron dish was used.
7. Place the pan back on the stove and cook for another few minutes, or until everything is hot and bubbling again.
8. Pour out all of the water and place your cast iron dish back into the oven with fresh oil or cooking spray still on top (carefully).
9. Place your cast iron dish back into the oven and bake it for another few minutes, or until it is hot and bubbly again (again, carefully).
10. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before using.